Website Migration Proposal and Scope of Work
For: Bennett & Pless
Presented by: Jarrod “Jay” Skeggs – The Web Dude
August 31, 2022
Needs & Problems Summary
Bennett & Pless has migrated from SquareSpace to WordPress. Bennett & Pless is now in need of having the WordPress website professionally designed.
In it’s current iteration, the website is in desperate need of better organization for both the main website pages as well as the blog and all blog posts.
The desire is to utilize a more open and modern website layout similar to the Skyscraper theme located at this link: https://skyscraper.oceanwp.org/
Solutions & Deliverables
In order to address the needs and problems for Bennett & Pless, the solutions below should be considered and implemented.
- Redesign of all main pages
- Addition of new page – Markets
- Design standard blog post template that all existing blog posts will conform to visually.
- Create new categories for existing blog posts.
- Company News
- Engineering News
- Engineering White Papers
- Design category template that each category will conform to visually.
- Function and display for Desktop, Tablet and Mobile viewport sizes.
- Upload of video presently on home page to Vimeo in order to make it display properly and to reduce page load time for the home page.
- Form deliverability service via SendGrid.
Things or services not included in this scope of work:
- Search Engine Optimization
- Design or development of logos or other specialty graphic assets
- Bennett & Pless will provide all imagery and video content based on what is currently present at https://www.bennett-pless.com
- Bennett & Pless holds and/or acquires license for any and all stock photography or video that will be used on the website.
Process & Timeline
The website migration process will follow the steps outlined below:
- Establishment of staging/development environment – IMPORTANT: The present assumption is that there is not currently a staging site with addtional development in process. Should this not be the case, the project fee is subject to change since there will be additional development accommodations to work around.
- Website redesign
- Website functionality testing
- Website review
- Website Launch
- Project shall commence upon receipt of 50% project deposit
- Project shall be completed within 35 – 40 business days after commencement
Items Needed from Bennett & Pless
Login credentials for BlueHost
Login credentials for register.com
Login credentials for WordPress install on https://www.bennett-pless.com
Website Design Project FeeOne-time project fee
- This is based on the scope of work outlined in the sections above. This is a one-time fee.
- Payment terms for the project fee are 50% payment in advance and the remaining 50% payment upon completion.
- Payment may be made by Credit Card or Company Check. Credit Card payments are subject to a conveninece fee.
To get started, simply complete the form below. This will send a notification to The Web Dude that you are ready to get started and your will receive a deposit invoice shortly thereafter.