Website Migration Proposal and Scope of Work
For: Bennett & Pless
Presented by: Jarrod “Jay” Skeggs – The Web Dude
April 4, 2022
Needs & Problems Summary
Presently, Bennett & Pless has a website running on the SquareSpace platform. Bennett & Pless recognizes that the SquareSpace platform is not optimal as a long-term solution and wishes to migrate to the WordPress Platform so that they can better scale in the future and so that they are positioned better for their upcoming Search Engine Optimization efforts.
In order to address the existing needs and problems for Bennett & Pless, the solutions below should be considered and implemented.
- Migrate existing website content and imagery to WordPress. At present there are 122 total pages, posts or .PDF files indexed by Google. Bennett & Pless has expressed that they want ALL of these pages, posts and .PDF migrated to the WordPress platform.
- Acquire a website hosting acount with either The Web Dude or Siteground.
- The Web Dude offers a hosting platform reserved for clients only. The hosting platform is made up of multiple Virtual Private Servers hosted by SiteGround. The Web Dude Managed Website Hosting service is detailed in the investment section of this proposal. The primary differences between the two options are:
- With The Web Dude Managed Website Hosting service, you get both website hosting and WordPress, Theme and Plugin updates and maintenance administration.
- Your website is tested for funcitonality after every update is applied. If anything is not functioning properly, we rollback to the previous version, work with the WordPress, theme or plugin developers to address the issue causing the problem and then ensure that the update is applied successfully. The benefit here is that your website is always up-to-date and secure.
- Our infrastructure is set up to auto-scale as additional resources are needed, so if your traffic increases significantly due to a markeitng campaign or improved search results, your website visitors won’t experience any 503 resource errors. a 503 error basically means that your website hosting account has maxed out it’s allocated resources and is no longer functioning because of this action.
- If Bennett & Pless chooses to acquire their own website hosting directly, I recommend the SiteGround Go Geek plan based on the amount of exising content present on bennett-pless.com. Here is a link to the plan information: https://www.siteground.com/wordpress-hosting.htm
As part of the overall solution, The Web Dude will deliver the following for Bennett & Pless.
- WordPress website that adheres to modern standards for both user experience and website visitor conversion.
- Managed Website Hosting & Maintenance Service to ensure that website is secure, up-to-date and running optimally. (If selected by Bennett & Pless)
- Website Content Migration Details
- All content indexed by Google according to this site search will be migrated to the WordPress platform: site:www.bennett-pless.com (you can enter site:www.bennett-pless.com into a google search window and google will return all pages, posts and .PDF’s in it’s index at present)
- The new website on WordPress will resemble as closely as possible the existing website design.
- The new website on WordPress will function and display properly for Desktop, Tablet and Mobile viewport sizes.
Things or services not included in this scope of work:
- Search Engine Optimization
- Design or development of logos or other specialty graphic assets
- Bennett & Pless will provide all imagery and video content based on what is currently present at https://www.bennett-pless.com
- Bennett & Pless holds and/or acquires license for any and all stock photography or video that will be used on the website.
Process & Timeline
The website migration process will follow the steps outlined below:
- Bennett & Pless acquires website hosting from either The Web Dude or Siteground
- The Web Dude establishes a staging site for migration
- Website Content & Imagery Migration
- Website functionality testing
- Website Launch
- Project shall commence upon receipt of 50% project deposit
- Project shall be completed within 20 business days after commencement
Website Design Project FeeOne-time project fee
- This is based on the scope of work outlined in the sections above. This is a one-time fee.
- Payment terms for the project fee are 50% payment in advance and the remaining 50% payment upon completion.
- Payment may be made by Credit Card or Company Check. Credit Card payments are subject to a conveninece fee.
Managed Website Hosting & MaintenanceAnnual Fee
- Managed WordPress Updates
- Managed WordPress Plugin Updates
- Managed Divi Theme Updates
- Daily Website File & Database Backups
- Website Form Deliverability Service via SendGrid
- Website Firewall via .htaccess
- Managed Website Maintenance will be billed at the completion of the project along with the final project fee balance. Payment may be made by Credit Card or Company Check. Credit Card payments are subject to a conveninece fee.
To get started, simply complete the form below. This will send a notification to The Web Dude that you are ready to get started and your will receive a deposit invoice shortly thereafter. If you choose to go with The Web Dude Managed Website Hosting & Maintenance service, the deposit invoice will also bill for the first year of service.