Website Design and Development Proposal and Scope of Work
For: Preferred Plastics
Presented by: Jarrod “Jay” Skeggs – The Web Dude
July 21, 2022
Preferred Plastics Needs
Preferred Plastics has been operating and growing since their founding but has decided that a website would likely help them with the following:
- Attract new customers
- Establish a digital footprint for future expansion
- Position them to expand as opportunities arise
The website design should include:
- Clean, well designed website that represents the Who, What, When, Where, Why and How of Preferred Plastics.
- Benefits of selling to or buying from Preferred Plastics.
- Keywords centered around recycling, upcycling, carbon footprint reduction.
- Easy ability for website visitors to make contact with Preferred Plastics.
- Content centered around questions frequently asked by industrial and commercial businesses who need a recycling program.
- Content centered around questions frequently asked by plastics manufacturers who want or need to use the recycled materials produced by Preferred Plastics in their products.
The Web Dude will deliver the following for Preferred Plastics.
- Newly designed website that adheres to modern standards for both user experience and website visitor conversion
- Business grade Managed Hosting Service that will scale as needed as Preferred Plastics grows and increases sales.
- Website Page Details
- Plastics (Primary material desired)
- Cardboard (Will take in order to get plastics)
- Pallets (Will take in order to get plastics)
- Metal (Will take in order to get plastics)
- Closed Loop / Sustainable Loop Recycling Program
- Contact Confirmation
Things or services not included in this scope of work:
- Ongoing Search Engine Optimization
- Design or development of logos or other specialty graphic assets
- Photos or Images to be used on the website
Preferred Plastics’ Responsibilities
Preferred Plastics will be responsible for providing the following for the website:
- Be available for & responsive to questions or queries during the design & development process.
- All content, information and data.
- All images and photographs. The Web Dude can source royalty free stock photography if necessary but as discussed, it’s best to have original photographic images of your facility, equipment and capabilities.
- Review of content once in place on the new website.
- Review and testing of functions of the website such as contact form submission.
The Web Dude’s Responsibilities
The Web Dude will be responsible for providing the following for the website:
- Website Design.
- Website Development.
- Integration of content provided by Preferred Plastics.
- Integration of imagery and photographs provided by Preferred Plastics.
- Testing of website funcitons such as contact form submission.
- DNS settings for pointing to The Web Dude website hosting servers.
- DNS setting for contact form notification deliverability.
- Ongoing maintenance and updates of website software.
Process & Timeframe
The website design and development process will follow the steps outlined below:
- Website Design
- Website Development
- Website functionality testing
- Website Launch
The website design and development timframe for completion will be 35 – 40 business days following receipt of initial deposit.
Website Design Project FeeOne-time project fee
- This is based on the scope of work outlined in the sections above. This is a one-time fee.
- Payment terms for the project fee are 50% payment in advance and the remaining 50% payment upon completion.
- Payment may be made by Credit Card or Company Check. Credit Card payments are subject to a convenience fee.
Managed Website HostingAnnual Recurring Fee
- Website hosting
- Website File and Database backups daily
- SSL Security Cerftificate
- Server Level Caching
- Website Firewall via .htaccess
- Server Level security scanning
- Managed updates of plugins, themes and WordPress core
- Managed Hosting & Maintenance are billed along with the initial 50% advance project deposit.
- Managed Hosting & Maintenance can be paid monthly at the rate of $99/month.
"*" indicates required fields