The Web Dude, LLC Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions binding between The Web Dude, LLC and all Clients
Engagement in a project or in a service such as consulting, managed website hosting or maintenance constitutes a client’s agreement with the terms and conditions listed below.
- Scope of Work – Scope of work will be agreed to in writing via email and/or through a dedicated .PDF document depending upon the extent and expediency of when the work needs to be completed.
- Payment – Clients will pay in a timely manner. Unless otherwise stated, payment is due upon receipt of invoice. Any client whose invoice remains unpaid 30 days past it’s due date will incur service suspension for all services until payment is received in full.
- Service Suspension – Services such as managed website hosting, maintenance or other ongoing services may be suspended once an invoice is 30 days past due. Client will be notified by email of service suspension. Services will remain suspended until Client has paid for all services in full inclusive of late fees.
- Late Fees – Clients will incur a $35 late fee for each 30 day period that an invoice remains unpaid.
- Credit Card Convenience Fees – Clients who wish to pay by credit card will incur a nominal credit card convenience fee.
- Termination of Service – Clients who wish to terminate service must do so in writing at least 30 days prior to service renewal. If a Client’s services have been suspended due to past due payment for more than 120 days, The Web Dude will, at his discretion, terminate all services and expunge any and all website files and/or databases from website hosting servers.
- Website Files and Databases, post termination of service – For Clients engaged in a managed website hosting service or a managed website maintenance service, a backup copy of the website files and databases will be archived for 6 months after termination of service. A copy of these file can be requested based upon the following terms:
- Standard Client Termination of Service – If Client provides a written 30 day notice of termination of service then Client will be provided a .zip file that includes their website files and database as of the last day of service. There is a $79 administration fee associated with provision of this .zip file. File will be available for download for 7 days once the client has been notified of its availability for download.
- Client Termination of Service Due to 120 Past Due Account – A .zip file that includes Client’s website files and database as of the last day of service can be provided upon request by client. Client will be required to pay all outstanding invoices in full, inclusive of late fees. There is a $99 administration fee associated with provision of this .zip file. File will be available for download for 7 days once the client has been notified of its availability for download.
- Domain Name Renewal/Expiration – Domain names must be renewed in advance of their expiration date by Client. Client’s have 30 days after Domain Name Expiration to pay for domain name renewal. After Domain name expiration and passing of the 30 days grace, the master registrar for The Web Dude, enom.com, will hold the domain name in a state of redemption for up to 120 days. enom.com charges a minimum of $250 redemption fee, plus an additional 1 year of registration in order to re-register the domain during their 120 day redemption period. Client’s who let their domain name registration expire and do not renew during the 30 days grace period have the option to let the redemption period expire and re-register the domain name at standard rates. Please understand that any person or business can purchase the domain name out of redemption and register the domain. The Web Dude will not be held liable for expired domain name registrations, redemption fees, other businesses or individuals registering expired domain names. If a Client chooses to purchase an expired domain name out of redemption, The Web Dude will charge a $99 administrative fee in addition to the redemption fee required by enom.com.
- Termination of Project Based Work – Clients who wish to terminate any project based work must do so in writing. Please be aware that refunds are not provided in any manner when a client terminates a project.
- Refund – The Web Dude does not provide refunds of any kind.